- Why choose Bentall Physiotherapy?
- Does MSP cover my physiotherapy treatments?
- Will my extended health plan cover my physiotherapy treatment?
- How do I make an appointment with your clinic?
- How many treatments will I need?
- What if I am already seeing another healthcare practitioner?
- My doctor referred me to another physiotherapy clinic but I would rather come to you. Can I choose which clinic I go to?
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- How long is the average physiotherapy appointment?
- Are you accepting new patients?
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to come to physiotherapy?
- How quickly can I get in for my first appointment?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Why choose Bentall Physiotherapy?
We are a team of very experienced and well respected physiotherapists, offering many unique forms of treatment for a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions. Our goal is to empower you through information, guidance and support to make sustainable life changes. Integrating knowledge with skillful exercise prescription helps you to achieve both immediate and lasting impact on your overall health. We are conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, BC and offer both early morning and early evening appointments for your convenience.
Does MSP cover my physiotherapy treatments?
Only those MSP beneficiaries with premium assistance status are eligible for a combined annual limit of 10 visits for physiotherapy, massage therapy, chiropractic, acupuncturist services, naturopathy and non-surgical podiatry. For further information on Premium Assistance please visit The Medical Services Plan website and call us to check whether you are eligible for MSP coverage.
Will my extended health plan cover my physiotherapy treatment?
Although everyone’s health and group plans are different, most plans will cover at least part of your physiotherapy treatment costs. Please check with your provider for more detailed information on benefits available to you.
How do I make an appointment with your clinic?
You have three options:
- Phone us at 604-683-8138. Leave a message if necessary and we will return your call.
- Come in and make an appointment at our front desk.
- Send us an appointment request at email@example.com. Give us a few options of dates and times that work for you and we will do our best to accommodate you.
How many treatments will I need?
This is entirely dependent on you, as each client is unique. After we have collected information from your initial assessment (such as your health history, physical restrictions, severity of your condition, your expectations and goals), we will discuss our recommended treatment plan with you. Part of the treatment plan will consist of “homework” for you – exercises or adjustments in your posture that you need to incorporate into your lifestyle in order to get optimum results.
What if I am already seeing another healthcare practitioner?
We are happy to consult with your current or past healthcare providers in order to better understand your situation and determine how we can work together. We do ask that you inform us of any treatment you are currently receiving so we can adapt your program if needed and track results more accurately.
My doctor referred me to another physiotherapy clinic but I would rather come to you. Can I choose which clinic I go to?
Yes. Even though your doctor has suggested another clinic you may attend the physiotherapy clinic of your choice.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Being prepared will make your appointment go smoothly and efficiently. Consider bringing:
- Doctor’s referral (if you have one)
- Personal Health Number (Care card)
- Any test results or specialist reports you have
- ICBC Patients – Dr. referral, claim number, case manager’s name and phone number
- WorkSafe BC Patients – Dr. referral, claim number, case manager’s name and phone number
- Shorts are recommended if you are being treated for a back, hip, upper leg, or knee problem. If you forget, we have shorts and gowns for your convenience.
- Women, please wear a regular bra or a bra that does not cover your spine.
- Footwear that may contribute to your symptoms and/or orthotics that you are currently using for support.
- Your filled out forms and questionnaires, which are all available for download from our website.
How long is the average physiotherapy appointment?
Your first appointment will likely be 60 minutes as your physiotherapist will do a thorough physical examination and will likely perform some treatment techniques. Subsequent appointments will last from 30-60 minutes, depending upon your needs and progress. Please arrive 5 minutes early to your first appointment to create a personal information file.
Are you accepting new patients?
Yes, we do accept and look forward to seeing new clients. We know that word of mouth is a powerful tool and we greatly appreciate any referrals you send our way.
Do I need a doctor’s referral to come to physiotherapy?
A referral from your doctor is not required to receive physiotherapy treatment. However, it is recommended that you consult the doctor if the treatment is related to workplace or motor vehicle injury as it may speed up the process of accepting your claim. On the other hand, if you can’t get in to your doctor quickly, please come and see us directly – early intervention in musculoskeletal injuries is very important. Some private insurance companies require a medical referral so it is best to check with your provider prior to your first visit.
How quickly can I get in for my first appointment?
We make every effort to book an appointment within 24 hours.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept payment by cash, personal cheque, debit, VISA and MasterCard.